Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Certain Bargains

Sometimes a bargain is not what you pay for.

My husband and I went to a Fleet Farm so that he could look at some fishing tackle that was on sale. Now, I don't normally shop at Fleet Farm, but while I was waiting for him
(he is so poky), I saw some clothing. Most of the women's clothing was not something I would like, but I did find a pair of black slacks for work. I have lost a bit of weight and I need new clothes so you can imagine my delight when the slacks were only 20 dollars!

I went to work this a.m. all happy with my deal, and an hour into the day, someone pointed out the slit on the right side where the stitching had come loose. It wasn't that way when I left the house. I had to whip stitch it sitting at my desk. I have no idea how long I was having this wardrobe malfunction, but it was embarrassing to say the least.

In future, I will check out a deal better than I did. And I will also admit that I don't plan on clothes shopping at a fleet farm any time soon.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, troutay....I'm laughing....sorry! I've fallen prey to browsing the clothing aisles at farm stores, too. They seem to have odd assortments of clothes....another store's cast-offs, I think.

troutay said...

Its ok Jeannelle. I am laughing about it too. There were some cute things but some of it....where did they get this stuff?

No one would wear it!