Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lovely

I spent the weekend at the cabin. Saturday came cool but sunny. I didn't want to get out from under the electric blanket, but there was work to do.
I cleaned. Rewashing all the dishware and pots and pants. I swept, scrubbed, dusted, and then decided to rearrange everything. More room in the open living area.

I miss that bed during the winter. It is only a full size, and Phil and I have to curl up a bit. Especially if Bufford the lab sneaks on during the night which he did because
of the chilly night. Thank heaven for the wood stove and the electric blanket!

When we first drove in, I caught a flash of white up on the hill and realized
it was the warning of a deer's tail. Disappeared in a flash.
As usual, we had locals (all cousins and family) dropping by to welcome us "home".
Its nice to know they are around and the keep an eye on things. Theft of summer
cabins is big time in our areas. My brother has been broken into twice since his place was built. If you are not in residence, there is really nothing you can do.
At least our place is insured and there really isn't anything expensive in it
to make off with. If we do bring something, we haul it back home once the weekend
is over.

I am trying to get some pictures here but can't find which file they are in.
When I do find them, I will post.

Reamus:

Good luck on your journey. Let us know how things are going, where you are, etc.

Take care!

1 comment:

Reamus said...

Troutay,

Post id=s up now. I will surely have more...be gone until Juky...hope I can keep up with you all...