Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just a little fish in a big sea

I checked out another guy's blog. He is the brother of my husband's boss. It was outstanding and current. I will never strive for that perfection. I am simple and while I have read the "Iliad", the "Aeneid", the "Oddessy", and I have compared "Apocalypse Now" to Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness", I am not that intelligent. I have a tough time speeling any of those words above and had to go again and again to spell check everything.

We are worried, my husband and I, about what sort of world is ahead for our college aged children. Their education has always been of great importance to us, but things seem so horrible right now. What are the possibilities for them? What sort of jobs will be available because of this terrible place our country is in now. My husband said that he hoped someone would snap their fingers and we would all somehow wake up. I tried clicking my heels together like Dorothy (although I would never be caught dead living in conservative Kansas) but it didn't work. The nightmare just keeps on going with no dawn to look towards.

Yes, John McCain is a maverick, as is Sara Palin (or so they keep telling us) but they don't seem to have a plan or give any hope of change to look forward to. So, I will continue to be a democrat because I believe the world can be better than the dim and somewhat warlike world Mr. McCain sees.

No comments: