Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guppies

I am tired of the religious conservatives spouting off about abstinence being the best form of birth control. It didn't work for the Palin girl who was raised in a "religious" household.
That's what comes of talking about a system that DOESN'T WORK!!!.
Now, personally I could never have had an abortion. I have two great kids, but that was a lucky roll of the dice. I was told I probably would never have them. That dire prediction did not make me whine and whimper about abortion and not having a future possibility of adoption.

The thing I have the most problem with is the anti-choice people's stance.
I talked to a guy a couple of years ago that was standing out with a big Anti-Abortion sign. I asked him what he does to help women that do not have abortions. Does he adopt?
Help them raise the child? Does he insure that the child will be raised in a loving, encouraging, non violent home? His response was that his responsibility ended with the birth. That he was not responsible for making sure the child was raised in a good environment. As long as he made sure the child was born, his work was done. That is pretty selfish to me.

Until the anti abortion people can make sure that all children are raised with love, safety, and respect, then they should shut up. When they are out there making things better all through the child's life, then I will agree with them.

Responsibility does not end at birth. It begins at birth. And to me, birth does not start at conception, it starts when this child enters the outside world.

No comments: