Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring at last??

Ahhhh! It is a beautiful Friday afternoon. Temps are in the high 30's and Sunday brings them into the 50's!
I feel the spring fever, really. I want to run barefoot through the yard, sit in the sun, heat up the
grill and get ready for summer.

I have been hearing all sorts of birds and was able to coax a male cardinal into the yard the other day. I try to repeat their specific bird calls and sometimes they are tricked into visiting.
I think the cardinal was so stunned when he realized I was not a competing male that he just sat in the tree for about 10 minutes in utter silence.

Spring! Hopefully March is out of its lion phase and into its more gentle lamb-like personality.

3 comments:

Sempringham said...

I spotted the first sprouts of our bulb plants this week. We made it through another one!

Reamus said...

Thanks for the comment on the blog. It surprised me that they let me talk to the kids some, but I guess the principal considered me harmless enough...

Jeannelle said...

You must be quite the gifted bird caller, to fool the cardinal like that. Good for you. For some reason, this year I completely forgot about the lion/lamb thing for March.