Thursday, March 26, 2009

Old

Some time ago I was talking to a cousin who is a nurse. (I am sure she gets lots of questions from people and I wonder if this is annoying) I had a discolored mark on my wrist and wanted to know what it was caused from. Her response? "Old". Yes, those horrible marks our mothers used to use Porcilana (sp?) on. Age spots!

Well I feel rather old of late. I went to my quilt retreat. It was lovely. But one of the meals they served had carrot sticks and as I chopped away, I realized my tooth was hurting. this is a tooth I had a root canal (ugh!) done on some years ago. Over the next several days my cheek started getting larger and larger, and I started taking those horded oxycodons that I had from my last hospital visits. Wednesday, I looked like a chipmunk with his whole horde of winter food stored in my left cheek. Yes, I went to the dentist and he informed me that one of the roots of the tooth had broken. How the heck does that happen?? So I have to have it pulled. There is no saving this evil tooth, it has to go.

So now, I exist on antibiotics, my left over oxycodons and I am allowed one Gin Ricky a day.
this is my penance for my St Patricks day joke, which in reflection, was not a good thing at all.
To those of you I insulted, I will have you know that I am atoning for it. And also know that I walk with a slight limp as I have a pretty awful case of scoliosus (also I have no idea how to spell this). I have degenerative disc disease up to the 1st lumbar so I do limp.

So, for those that don't know me well, my Paddy's day joke was a laugh at myself. But do know, even though I limp, I love you all.

2 comments:

Reamus said...

A Chipmunk...that must be sopecial.

Don't worry about insulting an Irishman with your jole, certainly, they do it all the time!

Glad you liked the last post and hope you feel better soon...oxycodon is not a good diet.

Sempringham said...

Yeah, getting old is the pits. But take comfort in this: you're younger than me, and always will be.

I don't understand how anyone could be offended by your St. Patrick's Day post. You're not being punished for anything. Sometimes things just happen.

Hope you're feeling better soon.