Friday, February 27, 2009

New Day

Its not quite 5 a.m. Phil, up early, has stolen my shower spot.
It snowed yesterday. Wind blowing, flakes flying. I don't know how much we got,but it has turned the yard white. The backyard is full of dog prints but the front is smooth and beautiful.
As a kid raised in the country, on days like this after a new snow fall, it was like a person got to start all over. Everything pristine and new, fresh.
So, I will go to work, the first to step out into the snow and a new day.
Beginnings are not always easy, but in some cases necessary.

Take care out there.

2 comments:

JessMoe said...

snow storm always make me feel more human(in a primitive way) because we are so hindered by the forces of nature. Even with our four wheel drive and crazy technology we still get fucked by a few inches of snow. That's power.

Jeannelle said...

I always dislike ruining a smooth expanse of new snow with my bootprints. Dogs just don't care about such things, though.