Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday and we don't have to eat just fish anymore

Random thoughts.
I have always been semi religious. More spiritual if you will. I don't go to church often, and I don't believe in much of what Christianity teaches. I think we are either good, or we are bad, or we can be both. I have a much more religious experience finding Orion, or seeing wildlife than I do sitting in a man made building pretending it is God's house.

It has been frightening for me to see the religious right wing try to force religion into everything in this country. I am tired of people professing how religious they are when I see them doing wrong things.

Many people that are religious have this concept that because they have accepted Jesus as their savior, they can do anything they want because they have been "saved". How can you profess to be a good clean christian and then sleep with your boyfriend, or steal something, or use your religion as an excuse to do wrong things? Yes, we are all worthy of redemption, however, the attitude at some of the Palin rallies by supposed Christians was horrible. Racism, threats, etc are not Christianity. They are some warped concept that only that sort of Christianity is the right one.
Please, don't tell me you are a Christian unless you practice good Christian values. Don't tell me you are a christian and yell threats and hate speech. Don't tell me you are a good Christian when you insert yourself into my or others private lives to insist they do as YOU tell them to do.
I will take a non Christian friend over you any day.
And remember: I don't teach math in your church. don't bring your religion into my schools or work place.

Thank you

No comments: