Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some good, some bad

The game last night was truly amazing! It was hard for me
to just sit and watch. Sort of like a scary movie that you
know something "thrilling" is going to happen so you can't sit
still. I am not a big "sports" person, and perhaps you would
call me a fair weather fan, but the Twins made the game
so exciting that I think even the worst of fans would have
been glued to the TV.

On the other hand, my boss just told me that her 50 year old
aunt had died last night. She died from an asthma attack.
In this day and age, asthma is manageable, but she was unemployed
and had no money for medication. This
is truly a tragedy. Especially when so many are out of
jobs with no medical insurance. This is what the fight is
for and I am sure her family doesn't care about the Democrats
or Republicans petty fighting. This should not have ever
happened. There should be safe guards for exactly this
type of situation.

So sad.

1 comment:

Reamus said...

The TWINS made it exciting??? Excuse me but who was that man that played an out into a triple so the Tigers could lose?

My regrets that someone so youngs because no one cares about health reform or the ways to help the 47 million that need help. Now.

Reamus