Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ready or not......

It has snowed over the past couple of days. Temps are in the 30's at night and the old familiar sound of the furnace is being heard once more. Not long ago we had the air conditioner on because it was so hot.

I am not ready for this. The leaves have not changed colors yet and are falling still green. One day I have the fan on at my desk, and the next day my toes are cold.

I was not ready for this. I haven't cleaned the cabin (usually done in the early part of November), I hardly got to go fishing this summer, I want to see the colors of fall.
Instead, the ground has been white. Where did fall go? Or do we just not get one
this year?

I insist I have a couple more weekends up north. I insist that I get to smell the
dry leaf smell of fall. I insist that I am not ready for winter.

Someone had better listen.

No comments: