Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day 2009

Stayed up last night until well after Midnight. Pip (husband Phil who has met all great expectations) and I got a little blotto, danced the evening away, and woke up after 10 a.m. We never wake up this late! I am always up by at least 5 a.m. and Pip a little after.

So we are dragging a bit today. I do not remember the last time I had a full bore hangover, and I don't want to remember this one either. It was fun though, and I would do it again without so much "dog".

I wish everyone a very happy New Year. And my hopes that it proves to be a much better one for all than 2008.

4 comments:

Reamus said...

So...that's what you've been up to.
I for one, am still waiting for the fish parade!

troutay said...

Reamus:

I did post the fish house parade before the New Year's one. Its a dismal failure but I never did well under pressure. I could read anything, but give me a deadline with an essay, and it was as if my mind had been wiped clean.

I guess I am more of a free flow empty the brain sort of person. Hopefully you won't be too disappointed.

Bob Miller said...

Getting a hangover isn't as much fun as it was 30 years ago, is it?

Happy New Year!

troutay said...

Well it wasn't much fun 30 years ago either! Why do we do that to ourselves. I guess we have to remind ourselves once in awhile, but killing off brain cells might be the reason we forgot what happens when we over indulge.
What is that saying about history repeating itself?