Sunday, April 14, 2013

New beginnings


I think I am ADHD because I don't do well with boredom.  Hence, the new job. The old one made me feel as if I had some sort of numbness of the brain (like my hands falling asleep) and I never felt as if I was totally awake.  So, as in this case, some times things (usually disgruntled feelings) would pop out at the oddest moments.  I admit that I did not always think before I spoke.  Perhaps a little of the odd family bits popping out from time to time.

I do thank those that listened though.  Even though I might not have made sense, you always listened and you were kind.

It was a lovely last day though.  Goodies and cards and gifts.  And the surprise lunch!  I know I had said I didn't want any party, but that was really sweet.

It is 4:55 a.m. and I have been kicked out of bed.  We are currently babysitting my daughter's dog who is a little needy right now.  With my dog and this one, well there isn't much room and I don't like waking up to toenails jabbed in my back and something cutting off the circulation in my feet.  I am twisted around like a pretzel and you just can't sleep like that!  So I am allowed some REM sleep and then its out! Tossed like bad lettuce in the compost heap.

It is also truly spring.  When I went outside to get my mail, I noticed my daffodils are coming up! They have come up for several years now.  My sister had sent me one of those blooming things in the mail that you water and they grow.  After they all bloomed one year, I poked them in the ground next to the front step and they have been coming up every spring since then.  Good sign!  Maybe we will finally see some warm weather and the snow will melt for good!

I am getting excited about the new job although I haven't received my formal welcome letter.  So I keep checking email and snail mail, but nothing yet.  And no one has contacted me regarding getting my fingerprints taken. Which seems strange as I had all that done in the military and being a government organization, you would think someone would have access to that.  But!  Mine is not to reason why.....

Enough for a first  posting.  Perhaps a little boring but I wonder how any one else would do at this time of the morning.

Yawn

2 comments:

Reamus said...

Nice to have you back. Knew you would be one of these days.

Rgds,

Reamus

troutay said...

Thanks M!