Friday, September 19, 2008

Still looking for bait

It is Friday. The middle of September and the summer is gone. It seems I didn't have a summer this year what with the traveling, family get togethers (hubby's) and visits. What I wanted most was to go to my little cabin, sleep late, sew, and just have silence and be solitary. I have a need now, in my old age, to have alone time. Life (other people's) has overridden everything.

Ok, enough of the sob. I have started a new job. Receptionist at a large company. Because I only started on Monday, I have disconnected people, paged the wrong names, forgotten most of the people I am supposed to know. (I did remember the Owner although I only knew him from the picture in the hall way). Lucky me, he came in yesterday and I did recognize him. Brownie points!!

It isn't very busy, this job. As most of the clients call in the a.m. and I work p.ms. Which is fine since with only a few days training, I can learn slowly. I am also trying to learn MicroSoft systems as I have a Mac (which seems easier).

The front lobby is filled with bamboo trees and other plants, so they keep it like a hot house in there. My hands sweat so badly, and I am constantly having to shake hands with people. Ack!
I got the IT guy to turn down the heat. Hopefully things will be better today.
I only have to work until 5 p.m. which is great. 24 hours a week is just fine with me. I don't like the drive but things are improving as they have finally opened up the 35W Bridge after the big collapse last year. It will take awhile before I go over that bridge. Too scarey!

No comments: