Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday - Father's Day

I have been secretly working on a little car kit for my husband. Maps, pencil/pad of paper/tire gauge/first aid kit/fire starter/etc. I am thankful for him, the best of fathers.

I took a break and went to Crooks and Liars. I check them every day for news, etc.

In Iran, a young girl dies while her father looks on. He tries to help.
It is useless and you can hear the anguish in his voice as he calls to her as she slips off.

A beautiful girl from Iran and her father.

And I will go upstairs and shed my tears before he comes home from shopping.

After all, it is Father's Day.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, what a sad story, and he probably was a good, loving father. We think of Fathers' Day in cheerful tones mostly. The alternate views are needful sometimes, too.

Your travel kit sounds like a good idea.